Monday, April 11, 2011

Former Days

The next day, Thursday, Mary Kate and I went to the Thatch-Mann cemetery to look at cemetery lots.  We picked out two and went to the cemetery office and paid for them. The plots are in a black cemetery but we don't care and don't think there will be color in heaven!

I don't remember what we did the rest of the day.

Friday, Mary Kate mopped the floors for me and Dad and I went to the eye Dr. After I came home and fed Dad, I left for Trudy's. I left my car at her house and Mary Kate, the kids and I left Hazel Green for Knoxville. It was a 4 hr trip and we stopped in Chattanooga for lunch. Sadie went with us. We arrived at Frankie's house safely. Kayla wasn't home, for she had gone to Atlanta with friends. I gave Mariam and Josh and Luke the presents I had gotten them and they all liked them. I had forgotten to pack my PM meds and had trouble sleeping that night. I slept in Luke's room on Josh's bed. Josh was on a mattress in his parents room. Mariam was on a small mattress in her room and Mary Kate slept there with Nate. Nate was on the couch but it made him itch.

The next morning, Mariam and Josh had soccer games and we went to them. It was a program called Upward run by the Baptist church. All faiths were welcome and the children played just for the love of playing and didn't compete but got stars to put on their uniforms. After the games, I treated the families to lunch. Rachel had 4 coupons that got $22.00 off the final price, which was good, for we had 6 adults and 4 children. The "children" ate more than the adults! The food was good and we had a super waitress. After eating, we left for home.

While we were going through Chattanooga, we took a wrong turn! We were almost to Nashville when MK realized what was happening. We stopped at a Subway for food and MK asked directions. We weren't too far off and found the right road and headed for Trudy's house. We got there at 8:30 PM and no one was home! They had gone to a baptism and had locked the house. Luckily, Sadie found the extra key and we go into the house. I left shortly there after and got home at 9:30 PM.

The next day, Sunday, April 10th, we met for the first time in our new building! It was very nice and so exciting to have our building back. It was good not to have to travel through all the Sunday traffic to get to church. We had choir practice after the meetings and Karen had a presidency meeting, so I had to wait a while before she was ready to go home. I got home at 2:30 OM. It was too late for a Sunday nap and I had to tough it out until bedtime! It was a wonderful 5 days being with family.

Today, I drove Dad to H'ville to a dentist appointment. I stayed in the room with him and learned some interesting things about the dental process. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch and then came home. I went to Karen's for scripture study. We're starting on the Old Testament. What a task! It will be fun for me for I was raised on Old Testament stories. I'll need to get some reading glasses for the print in the Institute book is too small for me to read! Getting old is not for sissies!

No comments: