Saturday, February 19, 2011

Very Nice Outing

Left home around 2:30 PM Friday to take some things back to Walmart and then go on down to my brother's houses in Faulkville. We were going out to eat at a new Cracker Barrel and then go to a music performance by The Westbound Rangers. I went a little early so I could help Ruth identify some limbs on her Bradford Pear trees that could be pruned so it may help the trees live longer.

The Cracker Barrel is new right at the Hartselle exit. It was full and the noise factor was great! I don't go out to eat often enough to know what to order and ended up with too much food. I had fried catfish and two side dishes. It was good but it was just too much food so I got a take home container. When we left Cracker Barrel, we had an hour to wait so we drove to the school and got a good parking place and sat in the car and talked. Bubba went in early and got our seats. We were in the third row from the stage. It was a small auditorium and it was packed. One of the hometown boys was in the show. The tickets were only $10.00 each and the CD's were only $10.00 also. A great price, I thought.

The Westbound Rangers were four young musicians who met up and formed a group and play a sound "that incorporates the best of Americana, Bluegrass, and Old-Time." They were outstanding musicians and played the music I like. They were very enthusiastic and funny and just entertaining and delightful. They came down from Nashville, TN to play in Hartselle, AL They write a lot of their own songs and sing some old favorites. They played a bass, guitar, mandolin and claw hammer banjo. It was really a treat to see them live. I bought two of their CD's so I can remember their sound.

No comments: