Monday, February 7, 2011

Dr Appointment in Huntsville

Huntsville is the going place. I have two doctors there and one in Athens and I saw Dr Sharp today. While I was in H'ville, I went to Michael's to see about getting a Valentine stamp. They had nothing so I then went to Hobby Lobby and they didn't have anything that I wanted. I stopped at Walmart and the only thing they had was a pack of Valentine cards (6) for $5.00 and that was too much. Oh, Hobby Lobby had a box of cards but they were theme cards and they weren't what I had in mind. While coming home to Athens, I stopped at the Dollar General and they had individual cards for 50 cents a card and they were nice. I got one extra just in case I had messed up in my mental calculations of the number of boy and girl grandchildren I have. I didn't want to send the two girls in one family the same card. Life gets complicated, doesn't it? I'll have to keep an eye out for a nice Valentine stamp for next year.

It was cloudy and rainy today and a cold front is moving in. We could get some snow flurries very early in the AM but nothing will stick. I think this winter will be a bummer and March will be fierce and troubled and will hate giving way to Spring. But Spring must come surely as did Winter did and my hair gets grayer as the seasons go by.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

granny...i have some posts you haven't read yet. it won't show up in your blogroll because you have my old blog listed and it won't have anymore posts on it. so just click on my old blog and then click on my new one until we can change it....ok?