Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Huntsville Again

I didn't go to exercise today for I knew the auto shop would call and say I could come and pick up the '90 Accord in the morning. But no. It wasn't until after lunch that we got the call. I made a bank deposit and then went to H'ville. I left my car, the '06 Honda, for them to tune up. According to the maintenance record, it hadn't been serviced in 6 years. I guess the oil had been changed, hopefully, but there was no record of anything else having been done to it. It was driving well. The check engine light would come on for a few weeks and then go off, but I wasn't worried about that. Anyway...I got the '90 Accord and drove it home. What a different car it was! We knew we needed a new muffler, but it wasn't that loud! And the entire dashboard vibrated at various rpm's! It sounded like a stock car that some kid had fixed up. Frank called the shop and Donny said he would look at it when I came up to pick up my car. hopefully some of the things can be fixed.

Our neighbor, Brenda brought a loaf of white bread she had baked and some fruit. The bread was a sour dough recipe she had made. She said it might be a bit under cooked, but it was good. Frank thought it had some perfume in it. He must have tasted the sour dough! Brenda and Bobby are such good neighbors. They look after us. All the neighbors on the road are good neighbors.

No comments: