Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Say It Isn't So!

Tomorrow afternoon we can have snow flurries! This isn't funny any more or nice or pretty. The weather is holding us hostage to its whims. I know it's the signs of the times, but I don't have to like it, and I don't! We could have 1-3 inches...

I cooked some brownies today to take to Karen's. She and Ken are driving to Nashville to pick up their daughter and her husband and three kids at the air port. I thought they would like some brownies for tonight or tomorrow. Frank was disturbed that I was taking the brownies away and I told him I would bake another batch. I did and used apple sauce instead of the 2/3rd cup of oil. The apple sauce was a bit runny and the brownies turned out to be gummy brownies! The insides of the brownies are the consistency of gummy worms! Maybe Frank will eat them. I don't need to plus I don't like gummy brownies. The apple sauce had high fructose corn syrup in it and I usually get the unsweetened variety.

I signed all of my Valentines to the grandchildren and put a stick of gum in each card for a little treat. Since I'm going over to Trudy's on Valentines Day, I'll have to mail the cards so they'll get there before Monday.

No comments: