Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ah, Thursday

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are my slow days. M-W-F I usually go out to exercise and to shop and I get out of the house. Today, I didn't have much energy. Maybe it was because of the H'ville trip the day before, don't know. Dad didn't have any energy either, but we both worked on getting the trash out. He had some boxes to get rid off in the basement and I threw away the 4 bottles of laundry soap that had perfume in them. When Frank called Brenda to say we had a lot of trash, he mentioned the soap and she was interested in it. So when Dage drove over to take out the trash, he drove off with the three black trash bags that had the soap in them! The soap was so old that I hesitated to give it to anyone but I hope Brenda could use it.

We finished reading the New Testament and are reading the Book of Mormon again. When Karen and I finish reading the Pearl of Great Price, we will begin reading the Old Testament. It should be an interesting project. I grew up on the Old Testament and I'll love reading the great stories again. In the 6th grade, the teacher would start our day off by reading an Old Testament story and she probably said a prayer too, I just don't remember that as well.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to Bubba and Ruth's and go eat dinner with them and go to some musical show in Hartselle. I think I'll go down early and show Ruth how to prune her Bradford Pear trees. I don't know if it will be any help, those trees are so prone to split in the middle.

No comments: