Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday After Christmas

The snow was still on the ground and I thought I it was my turn to drive to Madison. I was afraid of black ice and the other Southern drivers. Church was canceled around 10:00 AM.

We feasted on duck, dressing and cranberry sauce again for lunch. I decided to us the Vitamix and make an apple cake. I guess I'm now initiated in the use of the machine and next will make a loaf of whole wheat bread. The apple cake turned out a bit too sweet. It had 1/2 cup of honey and 1 cup of raisins and it was a bit sweet even for the great sweet lover, me!  I'll use less honey next time I make it.

Mary Kate and Richard and family are in Duram, NC. They have about 6" of snow. Frankie and family are in SC with the same amount of snow. Hope everyone gets home safely.

I don't know if the Senior Center will be open tomorrow or not. I'll call before I go. The road may be clear but it just looks bad with all the snow still on the ground and on the cars.

No comments: