Thursday, December 23, 2010

Play Day

I got to Trudy's house at 10 AM. They were just getting up. Trudy showed me all the things she had bought with her coupons and there was a load of food which she paid little for! This girl has got the coupon shopping down good! We hung around the house until 12:30 PM and then we went to town to shop. I wanted to stop at Sear's to get Dad a fancy screw driver he wanted  and then I wanted to look for a pair of black leather boots. Sear's had some but they wanted $69.00 for them and Trudy suggested we look at The Shoe Dept. I found a pair there for $40.00 plus we found some shoes that could be house shoes for $13.00 and I got a pair of those. Everything was on sale. Trudy got Forrest and George some tennis shoes and a pair of house shoes for herself. We got a cookie and a drink and sat at a table to eat and replenish our strength. Then we walked back through the Mall to exit Sear's to where the car was parked. We couldn't find the car! There were a lot more parked there than when we first parked and we couldn't remember where we were! Finally, Trudy found the car and we drove back to Hobby Lobby where she had parked her car. We sat about 30 minutes and talked. It was such a fun day and I got my boots!  Sadie called to say that Forrest had taken her to town to get a gift for a friend and he drove safely through all the traffic. He is a good driver.  The traffic was very heavy since it was two days before Christmas. I need to go to Walmart tomorrow to get a few groceries and I had better go early so I will miss the traffic on the day before Christmas! Frank got his present tonight and was very happy! We'll have nothing to open Christmas day! We will be eating duck and dressing and cranberry sauce and shall be well fed.

No comments: