Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

I got up at 8 AM and there was snow on the ground and it was falling quickly! A white Christmas after all. The paper had predicted it but you just don't believe until you see it! It was 36 degrees the entire time it was snowing so after it stopped snowing, it started melting off the trees.

The duck had thawed and I got it ready to bake by 8:30 AM. It was ready by 11:30 AM and boy, did it smell good! Frank had been sick this morning but was up and ready to eat when I got the duck out. It's all dark meat and really tastes good. We had duck, stuffing, corn, and cranberry sauce. I think this will be a tradition for Dad and me. We don't have any presents to unwrap but we can look forward to a good meal! We always get presents through out December and don't bother to wait to unwrap, or wrap, what we get. All in all, it has been a good day. Sandy S. called to wish us a Merry Christmas.

No comments: