Thursday, February 19, 2009

There Goes the Week Again

Thursday already. Time is surely flying. I was rested up from the trip yesterday and Karen and I went out today since I couldn't go Wednesday. We were going to Lowe's to look at the spring flowers and plants, but Karen decided that it was too early for there to be many plants out so we went on a tour of the Antibellem (definitely, wrong spelling...) homes in Athens.

The homes or the period of time was from 1830 to 1865. There was one home that was built in 1802. We had a CD and a brochure to follow and the way was marked with signs, so it wasn't too hard to find all of the homes. I've lived in Athens for 29 years and had only been to the Houston library. Houston was a governor of Alabama way back when. He gave his two story home to the city as long as it was used as a library. The building can be toured and is furnished with period furniture and nick knacks. We have two library's in the town.

We ended up at Lowe's anyway for Frank wanted a clamp and I was able to get it for him.

I really look forward to getting my knee done. I'm going to tell the Dr. I want to schedule the same operation for my left knee as soon as possible. I have high hopes of getting rid of the constant pain and disability I have now. I want to work in the yard again and to be able to plant flowers and enjoy the outside. Being able to walk for exercise would be nice too.

No comments: