Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday didn't do much that I can remember. I think I pruned the remaining two butterfly bushes in front of the house. I dragged the remains to the burn pile. Hopefully, I'll feel like charging the battery of the truck so I can drive to the burn pile and dump the other remains too.

Sunday has been good. Church was good and my visiting teachers came around 2:45 PM. We had a nice visit. They are Karen and Stacey Decker. Then at 7:00 PM, Bros. Decker and Hill came home teaching. We always have a good time when they come.

I was listening to Glen Beck and the TV and he said the powers that be are trying to put the mantel of FDR on Obama and one of the first thing that FDR did when he came into office, was to declare a bank holiday. He froze the assets of the banks. I wasn't sure what that meant so I asked Bros Decker and Hill what it meant. They said that the bank wouldn't be able to do any thing with their (our) money while their accounts were frozen. How could we access our money? How would we pay our bills? The banks are pretty messed up now. I like to watch Glen Beck but he raises questions that make me uncomfortable. Our future looks pretty grim already. One man on his show has a nack of predicting the future and said we were headed for a BIG depression, that a lot more retail stores would be closing. And that would some how affect the banks even more. Trust in the Lord and lean not unto thine own understanding. That's what I need to do. That and stop watching so many news programs.

No comments: