Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Signs of Spring

Buttercups are up. The weed, Hen Bit, is showing her purple blooms. My maple tree is beginning to bud and the privet tree has tiny green leaves on it. We have about 6 weeks of bad weather left and it could snow in the middle of March as it did years ago.

The battery in the truck is dead again but Frank go a switch that controls when the battery is used and the battery should stay charged all the time. Something in the truck was draining the battery even when the truck was just sitting there. The temperature was in the 50's but the wind was blowing and made it feel cooler.

Monday I went to exercise class and then on to Walmart to buy groceries. After I got home and cooked lunch-spaghetti and Italian sausage-I had to take Frank back into town. My knees were really hurting. I called and made an appointment with Dr. Moore to see about getting my knee replaced. I'll be in the hospital for 3 days and I can go home to rehab or I can go to the rehab hospital for a week. I'm going to stay as long as I can so I'll be ready to come home and move around. I'll have to learn how to walk up and down steps for I have steps to go in and out to the house and I have to be able to go up and down the basement stairs.

Trudy and her friend Cay and Sadie and Cay's two sons come over for a visit. They were in town planning for a party and wanted to stop in for a while. Dad dazzled the boys with his ipod. Trudy gave Cay a tour around the house and then they left. It was a nice visit.

No comments: