Friday, February 13, 2009

Pruned At Last!

My husband was very sweet this Valentines day. He got me two Bill O'Reilly books and today a Vermont Teddy bear came in the mail! It is black and white like a cow. Actually, it sort of reminded me of a panda teddy bear I had when I was a child. Now I have three Vermont Teddy bears. The others are packed away in the top of my closet. The O'Reilly book, A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity, is an easy read and I'm already 1/2 way through. The second book is a paperback and is the Culture Warriors.

At lunch time, I was going to read some more in my book when the weak thought of pruning the butterfly bushes came to mind. It got to to 70 degrees and is supposed to rain tonight, so I got out, got my tools and pruned two bushes. I dragged the limbs to the truck and loaded them in. Later, discovered the battery in the truck was dead. I don't drive the truck enough to keep the battery charged. Oh well, we can get the battery charger out and charge the battery someday. I have two more bushes to go. They are in the front of the house and nobody sees them but they do need pruning. Maybe tomorrow, if the rain doesn't come.

Mary Kate is going to visit Frankie and his family next week-end. Trudy will visit the week of his ankle surgery.

No comments: