Friday, May 8, 2015

O Brother...

We watched the DVD, O Brother Where Art Thou, last night and Frank liked it. It had some bad language in it that I hadn't remembered and except for that, it was enjoyable. I think our memories magnify things as time goes past. The first time I saw the movie I thought it was great and I remembered it that way. The second time I saw it, it wasn't as good. Tonight we watched some of Red Skeleton's last shows. It must have been in the early 70's. He came on in 1951 and I remember watching him then. I got a few laughs out of it. A lot wasn't as funny as I remembered. The girls skirts were short, above the knees and they had white boots on. That may have been in the late '60's-early '70's. When we upgraded the Direct TV boxes, it fixed the DVD player. Now, all I do is turn the TV off and turn the DVD player on, put a disc in and hit play. Before, I had to run through a lot of moves and I didn't really understand how to do it and we couldn't watch what DVD's we had. Now I know how to do it.

Frank didn't go to exercise today but Karen and I did. I brought Karen back to the house to get her car and then I went back into town to shop for groceries. Frankie is bringing a friend with him Sunday to help drive the 1990 Honda back to Knoxville and he told him that I would have a Southern home cooked meal for them. I was going to get a pork roast kit at Walmart but they didn't have one so I got a small pork roast, 5 lbs of red potatoes, onions, carrots and will fix it from scratch. I cooked chicken leg quarters today in the crock pot and Sunday morning I will put the roast and potatoes, etc. on before we go to church. Don't know exactly when they will be here, but if I get the roast on early, it should be cooked in time for them when they get here. The only thing I didn't get was a dessert. I have some brownies I can fix or a cake mix. I don't want to have any leftovers around for me to eat. Last week I had a bunt cake and I ate 3 pieces with a glass of milk for lunch. I can't have anything sweet in the house like that for I will eat it. I'd hate to gain what little weight I lost back eating sweets. 

No comments: