Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday

After exercise, I went shopping for groceries. I had a list, but I got way more food than was on my list. I have the habit of getting 2 of something so I won't run out of things. I like to have my pantry full.

Tomorrow, Jordan goes to the groomer. Trudy said it's only been a month but I can't see his eyes good and his feet are furry so I thought it was time to get a trim. I'll have him there by 8 AM.

Trudy is here spending the night. We might clean up some of the basement tomorrow. The treadmill I ordered came in today, but I don't want it now and will have to find out how to send it back. I'm dangerous on the computer at night. I spend too much money, but we have been enjoying the comedies I ordered.

The weather was rather cool yesterday but warmed up today. We're having a cool Spring.

I got up a 6 AM this morning and read from the Book of Mormon and then did some exercises on my exercise chair. I need to do this every morning and make a habit of it.

Mary Kate had someone refuse to let one of her children join an organization because they weren't Christians. The name of our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If we weren't Christians, why would we have His name in the name of our church? The Book of Mormon is the most Christ-centered book I have ever read. It's all about the doctrines of Christ. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. The Bible and The Book of Mormon go hand in hand to teach about the Savior and His atonement. Yes, we are Christians. Always have been and always will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May I call your attention to my book, Celebrating Grandmothers: grandmothers talk about their lives, which sets out the inner thoughts of 27 very different grandmothers about being a grandmother. Many are very happy, of course, but some talk of their pain in not seeing their grandchildren due to sheer distance or difficult family relationships. The book describes the love, the worrying, the problems of giving advice to one’s children, the role of grandmothers in the family, the changes in family relationships and much more. It is a paperback (available on Amazon and through bookshops) and an e-book. Well reviewed. See www.celebratinggrandmothers.info for more information and free sample chapters.