Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Equiptment

After exercise, I went by the bank and then to Walmart to wait for Hibbit's Sports to open at 10 AM. They didn't have what I wanted and suggested I try Academy Sports and I drove to Madison. They had an 8 lb exercise ball and I got two 4 lb hand weights. Frank was using 3 lb weights and I thought he could do with 4 lb. We have two 5 lb weights but that might be too much for right now. We did the exercises after lunch. I do some with him and it will help me get stronger. On the way home, I stopped by the car wash and got the car cleaned. I love how they clean the inside windows. It cost $12.00 which is not a bad price. The other, newer car wash is $5.00 for the basic wash and you get to use the vacuum cleaners free, but for an extra $7.00, I get the insides cleaned too. I like that.

Janet gave me a pink light bulb for breast cancer awareness. I don't know what I'll do with it but I appreciated it.

The pork roast I re-cooked got done but is a bit tough for me. Frank didn't complain, but he usually doesn't. I might try to grind the rest up in my mini food processor. Then I could at least chew it. I think I'm going to give up on pork, period.

I bought another 5 drawer plastic container for my jewelry. My entire dresser top is mostly filled with these plastic drawer containers. I can't stop buying earrings and necklaces and I need a place to put them. I'm giving my elegant jewelry box to Trudy. She'll be over after her PT tomorrow.

I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow afternoon.

Dad doesn't want to be buried in Hazel Green so  I called Limestone Memorial Gardens and asked the price of two burial plots. They were $2,295.00 with the vaults already in the ground. The vaults cost $290.00 a piece. We can pay 10% down and take up to 60 months to pay. It will be in the Veterans section. I like that better than Hazel Green. It's a nice cemetery and close to Athens. Trudy didn't want us buried in the black cemetery we had bought plots in. The two plots cost $600.00 so it was a bargain but with civil unrest, being buried there might present problems. The cemetery in Hazel Green is close to Trudy and is pretty but the Athens Ward will be burying us and it will be good to be close to home.

No comments: