Tuesday, October 22, 2013

AM Dr Visit

We had a visit to the pain clinic this morning at 9 AM.  I didn't allow enough time for Frank to get dressed and we were 15 minutes late but we didn't have to wait long. We told the nurse, Joann, that Frank needed the pain meds every 6 hours. We had cut down to two every 12 hours, but the hurt came back. According to State law, we have to go to the pain clinic every month to get the Rx. We used to be able to skip a month and still have a prescription, but not now. Frank seems to travel better now so maybe it won't be much of a problem.

I went grocery shopping after lunch. We were out of milk and fruit. We like to eat a supper of cottage cheese and fruit and that's what we had tonight. It's really good for Frank's blood sugar. It's always low after eating a cottage cheese meal.

The pants that Frank wore today would fall off of him without the suspenders. I have to get with Karen to see how to take them up. Ken is going out of town again and I will help her feed their animals. I couldn't do it last time for my leg, hip, was still healing. I'm sure it's still healing now but I can walk on uneven ground and think I'll be able to help.

Mary Kate will be coming up Nov 1st for the week-end. She wants a bed that Trudy has stored in her garage. It used to be my bed when I lived at home with my parents. We gave it to Trudy after we got the queen sized mattress for the bed in the basement. For some reason, Trudy didn't use it. It's good, heavy furniture and will last forever if anyone wanted to keep it that long.

No comments: