Friday, October 4, 2013

Golorous Day

Trudy was here when Ruth called and said she was almost to Athens and I left to meet her. We met at the Walmart parking lot and got into her van and went to the court house. I needed to get a copy of the deed to our house but it wasn't at the old court house on the square but was at the building on Clinton St. We just walked there. The Probate Court office was on the 2nd floor and I told the secretary what I wanted and for $5.00 I got it. We walked back to the square and ate at the Casa Blanca. It was nice food but it was too much food. After eating, we went to the Center for Lifetime Learning on the square and met John who is an author and brought Ruth the book he had written. We had a nice visit with him and his wife and then we went back to the van and went looking for a parking space for the Fiddler's Convention. We walked around and around and bought some things and got some Kettle Corn and a drink and found a seat for the musical show. The band was better than last year and the show was 45 minutes long. We both bought a 4 CD package of the band for $20.00 and then left. I was a bit worried about leaving Frank for that long a time but Trudy was still here when I got home. The man who put the TV on the wall mount came at 12:30 PM. I thought maybe Trudy had gone home but her family had gone on a Ward temple trip and nobody would be home for her. She decided to spend the night again tonight and go home early in the morning. She has people coming over for breakfast tomorrow morning so she will be up by 6 AM.

We had fun tonight swapping clothes.  She found a gray-black jacket she liked in the closet downstairs and she wanted to borrow it, but I told her she could have it. Then she was looking the the jewelry I bought at the Fiddler's Convention and I opened the big jewelry case and found lots of pieces of jewelry to give her. I would like to empty the big case out and give it to her but I'll have to buy some more containers to put what in the case that I want to keep. It'll take time to do it. We had fun swapping clothes and jewlery.

No comments: