Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Unusal Day

Frank fell this morning and hit his head and right knee. He hit his head on the closet door knob and his body caught the garbage can but his right knee hit the floor. He scooted into the living room and I called Trudy up and we got him into his bed in the living room. We had a Dr appointment in town at 8 AM. Trudy brought up my walker from the basement and adjusted it so Dad could use it. We made it to the Dr and then home. He was pretty shaky even walking with the walker. We put ice on his head and his knee.

The electric broom I ordered from The Vermont Country Store came in today. Trudy got excited and put it together and vacuumed the floors! It picks up dust pretty well. I'll need to clean and wash out the filter every time I use it but that's okay since it's so easy to use and works well.

Trudy and I really cleaned up Frank's room today. We got everything off the computer bed and put the shelves that were on the wall next to the bathroom door on the  bed. We moved a rolling cart out of the way just as you go into his room and now it's a straight shot to his bed. Tonight I moved some junk from behind his bathroom door so the door will open wider so the walker can go in. His knee is bruised pretty bad and it's gotten stiff. I take Trudy to H'ville tomorrow for her Facet shots and I told him to stay in his bed in his room and not to try to walk around the house. I'll be gone all morning and might not be back until after lunch.

Trudy and George and family are coming over the 26th and 27th to stain our ramp. It's rained so much lately that nothing could be done about it. Hopefully, it will be dry that week-end.

No comments: