Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy Monday

Started out with exercise and then went to Publix to shop. I wanted to try their meats instead of Walmart's meat. Of course I bought other things there too. It was a treat to get my groceries carried out to the car for me. I stopped at Lowe's and got some Bona for my floors and bought a small dust mop.

After putting away the groceries, I cooked some. I cooked a cauliflower whole in the microwave and it cooked just fine. I usually cut it up before I cooked it but I had read something that made me think that I could cook it whole. I'll never chop one up again. I bought cherries and grapes and strawberries. In fact I have hardly any space left in the ice box for any more food. I want to cook some taco soup tomorrow and that will make some room in the refrigerator. I didn't buy any cereal but I can stop by the store again and get some. Have plenty of cereal now but I've run out of Raisin Bran and that's what I usually eat for breakfast.

It didn't rain today for once. I saw on the TV that Madison Co. was having flood warnings. I bet the Tennessee river is up at Florence.

I ordered some things online and got two new laundry bags from The Container Store. They were on sale and I needed some spares. I just had the black net one and it is getting little holes in it.

Trudy was coming over today but she had to wait at the Pain Clinic for several hours before her appointment and was hurting pretty bad. She'll come over tomorrow.

Frankie called last night. He was returning home from taking Kayla to a piano camp and we had a nice long chat. Mary Kate tried calling while I was talking to Frankie so I called her back. They had been to Savannah for a Villamor reunion and then Sophia's birth parents were in Atlanta and Mary Kate the the family had been driving back and forth to Atlanta to visit with them. They married and have a girl and a boy of their own. They were selfless in putting Sophia up for adoption and Mary Kate and Richard were lucky to get Sophia.

No comments: