Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dr Visit

We went to the Pain Clinic to get a prescription for Frank's pain medicine. We ate at McDonald's. It's not my favorite place to eat but they have a chicken wrap that Frank can eat, but today his wrap was just a snack and not the big wrap he usually gets. I got the regular hamburger which is okay.

Because rain was predicted for today, I filled the trunk of my car with the bags of debris from the basement. I think I took 6-7 large bags out to the road. I'll do house trash tomorrow.

I've been reading about dementia and it depresses me. I feel like I'm on a journey that I don't want to be on but there's nothing I can do about it. It will happen. In the late stages of the disease, nursing home care may be needed. I would have to sell the house to pay for it and when the funds ran out, a medicare facility would be used. I guess that's why you have children-so you will have a place to live if you have to sell your home.

No comments: