Saturday, June 11, 2011

Slow Saturday

I read after breakfast for two hours. I got up because I felt bad that it was after 10 AM and I was still in my night clothes! I read some after lunch and I got tired of sitting but I finished the book I started yesterday. It was called The Innocent by Vincent Zandri. It was about a prison warden who got framed into a plot where a prisoner escaped and there were lots of murders. I don't know if it was the read but I didn't feel very up-beat today.

I looked out the front windows in the living room today and saw little plants growing on the lawn that I hadn't noticed before. I walked out to see what they were and discovered that they were little Sweet Gum trees growing up from the roots of the mother Sweet Gum trees in the yard. It's been so dry lately that the lawn mower hasn't kept the little trees cut down. The grass in the front yard is crunchy but in other parts of the yard, another kind of grass is growing, making the yard look a bit ragged.

It got up to 98 degrees today. It's still very dry and we could really use some rain.

No comments: