Friday, June 24, 2011

Luncheon

Today I went to Lou C' Boutique for a luncheon and to be in a group of cancer survivors. Three nurses from UAB came to ask us questions about our experiences and needs as breast cancer survivors. The lunch was catered by Newks, a sandwich shop, I think. I had a chicken salad sandwich and could only eat 1/2 of it. There was a fruit cup of real fruit and a large brownie. It was very tasty and I ate the other half for supper!

I knew all of the ladies from the support group Lou used to host. One of the ladies was 13 years out from her cancer and I am 81/2 years out. I really have no concerns except for bone health. They wanted to know of our experiences and needs as breast cancer survivors. It lasted 2 hours and I hope they got the information they were looking for. The ladies were very sweet.

The thunder was rolling when our meeting got over and I hoped I would get home before it rained and I did. We really didn't have much rain but there was lots of lighting and thunder and the skies were overcast, which kept the temperature down.

No comments: