Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday

Today is Frank's birthday. He an official Senior Citizen now! I got him two shirts and a pair of lounging pants (that I have to take the length...). The shirts weren't 100% cotton so I had to take them back to Goodies. I had bought them on-line and had forgotten about the 100% cotton deal. While I was taking them back, the sales clerk asked if I wanted to shop around and I said, "yes". I hadn't thought about looking at Goodies for 100% cotton button down shirts but they had some! I got a green plaid and an orange plaid shirt. He was pleased with them and I took the old two shirts he would wear out of his closet and took them downstairs never to be worn again! They looked like they were from the '40's.

I then went to Walmart to get a new battery in my watch and get some bananas. I looked for white knee-highs but they didn't have anything in white. I then went to K-Mart but they didn't have any either, but I did get a long pair of white socks that will do until I find what I'm looking for. I even went to Walgreens. They didn't have any knee-highs but I did find a can of shaving cream that I had just run out of and bought that.

Frank is giving the birds a both now. We may or may not give Gert a shower. We have to turn on the vacuum cleaner and he gets all excited and tries to take a bath from his water bottle. After taking out his food, we spray him in the cage with a bottle of warm water. His feathers look better after he's had a bath.

The open house at the church is this Saturday. I have to call Wanda to see if they would like to come.

I have two pair of lounge pants and a skirt to alter on the sewing machine. I guess I'll do it tomorrow. I want to wear the skirt to the open house. It won't take me long to do it and I enjoy doing it when I finally get around to doing it. But, I wait until the spirit moves me and sometimes I sit around a long time without doing anything!

No comments: