Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dr's Visit

We were in H'ville for Frank's Dr visit. It was the Pain Clinic. They have to see him every other month. It was to be every month but he got them to every other month because it hurts him to travel. On the odd month, I just go there and pick up his Rx.

I had a Land's End package I needed to return to Sear's so we stopped there. I had ordered a skirt that was above the knee, so I ordered the regular size instead of the petite size. It came just below the knee which is still too short for me. It was funny. Being so short but the skirt was still too short for me! (Did that make sense?) Anyway, the amount was taken off my card, all except the H&S which was $8.95! So many mail order places are giving free shipping that I was surprised it was so much.

We went by the pharmacy and then came home. I did the two Yoga chair exercises DVD's I had gotten in the mail yesterday. I feel very relaxed after all the heavy breathing! It's not too much physical exercise and I think my other chair exercises, stretching and strength, are better. I'll give these yoga exercises a chance.

While at the pharmacy waiting, I found this toy rat that when you put it into water, it would grow four times its original size. It was only $1.00 and I got it. I put it into a bowl of water and so far, it hasn't grown a bit. It may take a day or two. The large, black Halloween rat, with its red mouth and white fangs and large snarl, is on the front porch, on duty. I bought three small, round, tiny pumpkins to go alongside him, but used only two, so I have the other pumpkin sitting on the small table next to the couch.

The kids and I used to have a lot of fun at Halloween! We would make up our own costumes. We'd get old clothes out of Dad's closet and I always had two or three wigs and I would wear one that was all frizzled up and scary looking and we would put my old make-up on and away we would go! It was a time to act natural and we loved it!

No comments: