Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watermelon Day

I was awake at 6:30 AM but I stayed in bed until 7:00. At 8 I got ready to go to town and by 9:00 I was out the door. It was going to get up to 100 degrees today but it wasn't too hot when I left the house. I had some things to get at Walmart and I wanted to be there before the crowds came. I saw a watermelon for $3.00 and I got one. Didn't know if it was seedless or not but it was! Dad got a new Dremmel tool for Father's Day and he decided to cut the watermelon with this tool! I recorded it on his camera and it is pretty funny. It was a whole lot easier then using a knife and all we had to do afterwards was to cut the flesh off into bowls. I like the seedless much better than the seed melons.

Today is trash day so all the melon rinds will go out. We collect it and get it outside and then the neighbor boys come over and take it to the road for us.

I came home and cooked a cabbage, cauliflower and some frozen broccoli for lunch. I then put a load of towels in the wash and they are in the dryer now. I washed the pots and pans as I went along so there's no mess in the kitchen. Now, what am I going to do with the rest of the time I have until bedtime? Maybe I'll ask The Shadow...

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

what a great Father's Day present! a watermelon cutter!