Monday, July 19, 2010

Visit

I led the exercise today and none of the other leaders were there. The music hadn't been rewound so we didn't have the music to do the chicken dance and when I asked if anyone wanted to do it, no one raised their hand! I finished at 9:15 AM and I usually get through a few minutes early, so I counted it as a good day. I stopped by the pharmacy to get Frank's Rx and then came home.

Bubba and Ruth came up and brought some produce from their garden. Ruth said she gathered produce every other day! My garden days went after I had cancer. I couldn't use my right arm therefore I couldn't plow or chop weeds or even mow the grass. I missed it at first, but I'm over it now! We went out to eat lunch and went to a new Chinese restaurant and the food was fresh and good.

After they left, I snapped some green beans and put them on the stove. I then shelled some purple hull peas and put them on the stove. The green beans turned out good but I wasn't vigilant enough with the peas and I burned them! The pot wasn't too hard to get clean so they had just started to burn. We had yellow squash, green beans and tomatoes and cucumbers for supper, YUM!

No comments: