Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Coming Home

Frankie is at a music convention in Nashville and is coming to Athens to spend the night with us. He called last night to tell us of his plans and we said, "Come on down!". He'll just be here for the night and tomorrow he'll go back to the convention. It'll be good to see him.

I saw Dr. Dang for the last time today. He said I could have my family Dr. check me out for lumps and bumps and Dr. Walker can read a chest X-ray so I won't have to go to H'ville and wait in the room for 55 minutes before I can see the Dr. Actually, I've been seeing his nurse once a year for a few years and was surprised to see him today. He was all smiles and was glad that I hadn't had a recurrence of the cancer. In December, it will have been 8 years since my bout with breast cancer. I got home at 4:00 PM after a 1:45 appointment. It's been a long day. It rained furiously on the drive to H'ville but the rain was over when I was through with the Dr. I came home the interstate and the traffic was bumper to bumper. I had a 40% off coupon for Michael's but I wasn't in the mood to looking after such a long appointment.

No comments: