Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday, the Wet

I woke up around 3 AM and the thunder was rolling and the rain was coming down. It was still raining when the Deckers came to pick me up for church a little after 8 AM. I go in early so I can still ride with them. Karen had a meeting to go to and I set up the Primary room. Had a nice chat with Bro Mitchell and then it was time to be seated for Sacrament service. The 1st speaker was a Spanish sister with her husband translating for her. Then Bishop Falconbury spoke and he was good. Primary went well and the children were reverent.

We ate the last of the beans at lunch and for supper, Frank had a bowl of bean soup. I fixed some turkey rotini salad for me and it will be good for the next few days. The rain has stopped and hopefully we won't have any more. That will mean some cold weather but we might get lucky and not have any this week.

I sent Frankie's children cards and in Kayla's card I bore my testimony to her. I hope I didn't cause any hard feelings. I called Frankie to tell him they would be getting the cards tomorrow and what I had done. I wasn't trying to do anything behind their back but it could be taken that way. WA-a-a-a-a-h! What's a Granny to do?

No comments: