Saturday, January 30, 2010

No Bad Weather

Well, bless my soul, there was no bad weather today. It warmed up to 35 degrees F late yesterday so most of the ice and snow went away.

I went to Staples to take advantage of a 15% sale they were having. I needed some more invitation envelopes. I can get them cheaper at Walmart but not in the volume I want like Staples.

All was fine when I left Staples. I stopped at Dollar General to get some milk, at $3.30 a gallon, and then drove next door to buy some gas. After I got the gas, the car wouldn't start! The battery was dead again! I asked the man in the store if he had some jumper cables, if fact I asked a man who was leaving the store if he could help me and he didn't have any cables either. The man in the store said I could wait and someone might come in who had the cables, so I watched and waited. A truck drove up to the gas tank and I went out and asked him if he had any cables and they were in his other truck. He had just had to jump his daughter's car. He called home and in 5 minutes his son drove up and they started my car! I thanked him profusely and I was so glad to be able to get home. The wind was blowing and the temps were 29 degrees by then.

I get home and Frank gets the charger out and begins charging the dead battery. Monday, I have an appointment with Dr Sharp and can stop by the Honda place and get an new battery. I guess we find it exciting to live on borrowed time (with the battery).

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

thank goodness someone came to your rescue! You would still be walking home by now!:)