Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Fun Day

I left for Eva, AL at 7:00 AM. It takes under an hour to get there. After I got to my brother's house, Ruth and I then got into her car and we drove to Wallace State, a small Junior College near Cullman. It was a cooking school. They gave everyone a goodie bag with all sorts of things in it, and it had two magazines with recipes. We would turn to a page and the cook would cook that recipe. It was pretty neat. The auditorium was full. There were door prizes and even the food was given away as prizes. After that, we went to this little seafood restaurant and had catfish files and cole slaw and a baked potato. It was very good and very fresh. After that, we went to this big Catholic church-retreat. I've forgotten the name of it but Sis Angelica lives there. I bought a 24" stainless steal necklace (nothing on the necklace). About all of my necklaces are 17" and are a tad too long, so in my little, demented mind, I thought a 24" necklace would be shorter!!! The wheels in my brain are barely moving and are grinding to a halt even as I speak. I left for home after we got back to Ruth's house. My brother had been arranging his books on his book case.

No comments: