Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Very Good Day

Sandy Sommerfeld, a good friend We haven't seen in several years, spent two nights with us. She left today to go visit and stay with another friend of hers, Charlotte Cooper. The Mabry's picked her up this afternoon and came in for a visit. It was nice. Roy's cologne nearly killed Dad, but he didn't say anything, thank goodness!

Today, we went to Decatur to have lunch with some of the teachers Sandy had at Calhoun College. My children had them too so they knew who I was. It was Dr. Moss, I think she was the head of the music dept. and Joyce Lowman, Frankie's piano teacher, and Joan Goree, a voice teacher. It was very nice and Dr. Moss paid for it all! I had the coconut shrimp and couldn't taste the shrimp for all of the other stuff that was on it! I didn't want dessert but Sandy ordered it for me. I ended up with the Chocolate Wave cake and ice cream which reminded me of the Tall Cake served at Ruby Tuesdays. We left at 3:00 PM to get home in time for Roy and Vivian Mabry to pick up Sandy and take her to Charlotte's house for a bar-be-que at her horse ranch. After we all had a nice, short visit with the Mabry's. Then, after Dad changed his shirt, we watched Cops, which is what we like to do instead of watching the news (Obama makes us sick...) and then read a chapter from the Book of Mormon.

Tomorrow, we'll (Karen and another lady) be going to Amish country. Karen's other friend wanted to go to get some apple butter or something so that's what we'll do for our Wednesday outing. Should be fun.

No comments: