Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Real Good Day!

I went to get Karen Decker at 1:00 PM and we drove to H'ville to Jerry Damson Honda place to pick up the car we bought the day before. Karen was kind enough to drive the old car home for me. I was nervous for the first few miles but I relaxed as I got used to the new car. We got home and visited for a short while and then I took her home in the new Honda. I think I need one more pillow to sit on. This car is bigger than the old Accord. It really drives nicely and the gears shift smoothly. It's really wonderful having a newer car. Unless there's a wreck, this will be the last car we buy.

We had Relief Society tonight and I went. Karen picked me up. There were two classes, one on coupons and one on places to go for entertainment. We'll go out next Tuesday and go to Sheffield and I'll go by the old home place and then to Tuscumbia. Then we are going to go to the Coon Dog Cemetery. It's a ways outside of Tuscumbia and I have never been. Dad talked about it but I never went to see it. Only coon dogs can be buried there. A coon dog is not a breed of dogs, but any dog that will tree a coon (raccoon). To be buried there the owner of the dog must swear his dog is a coon dog and he has to have another person swear to it too! It should be an interesting place to visit.

3 comments:

TheVillamorFamily said...

wow Granny! you will be riding in comfort and style now!! can't wait to see it!!

TheVillamorFamily said...

Coon Dog cemetery....when i first read that i thought you wrote CORN dog cemetery:) i bet you will have a fun day!

TheVillamorFamily said...

sorry i didn't call you while i have been gone. the phones here are not very good and in common areas which would make it very hard to hear! we will be home Monday early morning and will call then....or maybe when we get into Ca on Sunday evening. it will be 8pm there and only 10 pm there.

still haven't found Dad a flashlight or souvenir. maybe we will find something in manila during our 10 hour layover! i sure wish we could see you sooner than july so i could give you the goodies i bought you!