Monday, June 22, 2009

The Day After Yestserday

I've spent a good bit of time writing to some of my former high school friends. It's a strange feeling suddenly connecting to people who are from 1961. I went to college with a couple of friends but the University of Alabama was a large school and I didn't see my friends often, if ever. It's good to get in touch with people I shared my life with so long ago.

I saw Dr. Moore today and set the date for my next knee surgery. It'll be August 11, 2009. He was pleased at how well I healed. I am too for my friend Kathy had a very bad experience when she had her knee done, and she has to have her other knee done too.

Frank's birthday is tomorrow. I got so involved in Father's Day that I almost forgot his birthday came so soon after it. Kathy Best always remembers to send a card and we got it today. Her brain is much more active than mine. I made a chocolate cake with white icing and had a big "6" left over from some grandchild's birthday so I put it on the cake plus three small candles to equal 63. I wish I could have a piece now!

Frank thinks he's coming down with the fevers. We'll know tonight or tomorrow morning if it's so.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I'll put the date on the calendar. I am so excited for you to get your other knee relaced too! I'm glad you didn't eat the first peice of Dad's birthday cake like FOrrest did to Sadie. Happy Birthday Daddy!