Thursday, June 25, 2009

Memories

I just finished reading a story a classmate of '64 wrote of his first grade teacher. I remember who mine was, but that's about all of the 1st grade that I remember. I do remember is wasn't in the best readers group. I think there were the red birds, the blue birds and the yellow birds and that was the way she grouped the children according to their reading ability. All I remember about the 2nd grade was the math I couldn't understand. We had to divide two number into three and on my tests I would just write a number on top and not do the work underneath and of course I got it wrong! My 3rd grade teacher had traveled a lot so she told us stories . I got glasses in the 4th or 5th grade and we had a drawing contest that had something to do about the Governor of the state and one of my drawings won. The 6th grade was a good grade. I remember handing in blank pieces of paper when I didn't do my home work. I bet 40 years ago I could have remembered more.

Mary Kate and the kids are on their way now and should get here about 8-9'oclock.

No comments: