Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wednesday

Sophrona and 3 kids came over and picked up about 20 boxes of powdered milk I had sitting in the basement. It was 2 years old but we both thought it was still good.  The girls wanted me to can it but I don't have the energy to get the caner and and do the work. I saved two large boxes for us and I have one open in the kitchen. We used to drink powdered milk but after I had hip surgery and got a taste of 2% milk, I haven't wanted to go back to powdered milk.


I went to J & G Sales and bought a Christmas decoration to put on the stand under the TV. Then I had room to get our little Christmas tree that we have used for years and I put up in the closet with the lights on and I put it on the little table by the couch. The main tree is about 3 1/2 feet tall and is a fiber optic tree. It was supposed to turn around and around but it's broken. I'm glad for I don't want a revolving tree. We turn the lights off upstairs and sit in the glow of the two trees and listen to Christmas music. I bought 4 CD's of Christmas music from a catalog and some of the music is not of the best quality but some of it is good.

Trudy got George to bring her over tonight and we will take her back tomorrow before dark. Tomorrow, Carol and her daughters are coming over to make Christmas wreaths with us. They come over once a month and do a craft with me. They are super lovely people. I worked with her girls in Primary and watched them grow up. Now, I can still see the girls and continue watching them grow.

No comments: