Saturday, December 27, 2014

Gone, Gone.Gone

Christmas is gone and I took what little decorations I had up down today. I'm leaving my ornament wreath I made up. One of the balls came off and I need to get the hot glue gun out and fix it. It was so much fun making it. Makes me want to get another wreath and find something to hot glue onto it. I could do one with Spring flowers on it later on. What fun it would be.

We did nothing today. I did go out to the pharmacy for medicine and then went grocery shopping. I was at the pharmacy at 8 AM and then early at Walmart and it was nice not to have crowds of people to contend with. After I got home and put the groceries away, I didn't do much. I did cook some Kale and a cauliflower. I just cut the stem off the cauliflower and put it whole into my steamer and cooked it that way. Then I just scoop out what we want to eat. No more cutting the cauliflower up! I'm doing better with the broccoli, too. I cut it really close to the flowerettes and then cut some of the stalk if it's tender. Before, I would chop up the tender part of the stalk and work on up, but that took too much time. I have a cabbage to cook tomorrow with the tomatoes, onions and smoked sausage. It makes a great combo that we like. The sausage by itself is too strong but after cooking with the cabbage the flavor is milder and mixes with the cabbage and tomatoes really well.

It's been in the 50's again today. It's been cloudy and overcast all day. I thinkl we will get some rain tomorrow or Monday and it may turn colder.

No comments: