Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Lights and CD's

Every evening after scripture reading, we turn off all the lights except the Christmas lights and listen to Christmas music. I got two CD's in the mail today and we listened to one tonight. Hearing it for the first time, it's hard to understand all the words but the music and singing were beautiful.

I have two small trees up and some lights on the TV stand. One tree is about 2 1/2' tall and has blinking light on it. It's the one we have used for years and years. The other tree is about 4' tall and has fiber optic lights and decorations on it. The string of lights on the TV stand makes it a three points of light and rounds off the decorations. I love the lights and decorations.

We went to town today and picked up some Rx's and mailed two letters and went by Mews electrical. My florescent light above my bed went out last night and I needed another bulb. I got two so I would have a spare. They were just $4.80 a bulb.

I had ordered two coats from Goody's online but one order was cancelled. I should be getting the other coat this week. The jacket I usually wear knocks my French hook earrings off so I don't wear it much any more, and my other coat isn't lined, and we will be getting some cold weather soon. It was 42 degrees today with the wind blowing but it's supposed to warm up this week-end. We've had a warm fall. This time last year it was very cold.  The coats I looked at in Kohl's had the high stand up collar that would knock the earrings off, or the arms were too long or were unsuitable for some reason. Hopefully, the coat that comes in the mail will fit and fill the bill.

Hi, Kathy.  Hope your Thanksgiving was good and y'all have a good time with Scott and family. Hope your Christmas season is good.

Tuesday of next week, we, and Trudy, will be going to Faulkville, AL to see my brother and sister-in-law. It's so good that Frank can travel now. He's never been to my brother's house before. We will visit and Ruth will make lunch for us. It will be a fun time.

No comments: