Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday

We slept in and after I got up I did the laundry. One of the florescent lights in the living room went out and Frank went downstairs and brought up a ladder to fix it. It needed two new bulbs and he got them in but couldn't get the plastic shade back on. He got down to rest and shortly afterward the sister missionaries came by for a visit. We had a nice visit and one of the sisters got up on the ladder and fixed the light shade and then carried the ladder back downstairs. It was a joy to have them in the house. I want to get a gift card to Chick-fil-a for them. I guess I need to go by Chick-fil-a and see if they sell gift cards. I could then send them to Susan since she is the new Relief Society president and she could give the cards to the sisters.

Trudy operation was over at 5 PM George said. He was going back to the hospital after she got out of recovery and give her her phone. Hopefully she'll feel like calling us after she's been in her room for a while. Frank and I will go and get her and take her home tomorrow. George said the surgery went fine.

So far I've lost 5 lbs on the diet. I need to loose another 10 lbs but I don't know if it will happen or not. I'm trying to follow the diet and not eat more than I'm allowed and I don't feel I will gain the weight back for I've learned how to eat and I won't ever, well, maybe rarely, drink a regular Coke. I surely won't drink them like I was.

Bobby and I talked about having the trees removed by the man we talked to yesterday. Bobby even said he would pay half of the cost even though most of the trees that fell on his property were ours. I will have to go by the Credit Union and transfer some money to the main account so I'll be ready to pay our share. Steve and Lance were going to try to move the trees, but they don't have the equipment to do it. They'll just cut the grass

No comments: