Friday, July 25, 2014

My Trip

I left Mary Kate's house about 11:30 AM and headed for home. There wasn't much traffic and I made good time. It's not a hard trip. It's  4 hours but the roads are good. I was home by 3 PM. It was good to get home.

Friday, today, I went to exercise and was glad to get back. I went to Walmart for groceries and as I was putting the last things away, Ruth came to pick blueberries. Just 3 bushes had berries on them but we picked a lot. It wasn't too hot but by the time we were finished I was getting too hot. She brought us a homemade loaf of bread, a blackberry cobbler, two books and a container of chicken and dumplings. Frank had the chicken and dumplings for lunch and dinner tonight. He had some cobbler for lunch.

Lance and his dad will be over tomorrow to burn the pile of downed trees Lance cut up. Steve will cut down another tree into the burn pile. It should burn all day.

I have some veggies to cook tomorrow. I cooked yellow squash today and have some zucchini squash, cauliflower and broccoli to cook tomorrow. I  have lost at least 4 pounds on my diet. I have to have the veggies to eat because I don't have enough food to eat for my main meal. I might go another month on this plan. I've got to have a better choice of food, though. I've had far too much Italian-type food and I don't like it.

Frank is having good days. He sleeps most of the morning and stays in the living room most of the afternoon and night. We put the birds to bed between 6-7 PM and then we go to our rooms and do whatever until it's bedtime. I read from 9-10 PM and then shut the lights out. I usually wake up at 7 PM and start the day.

No comments: