Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cleaning

I woke up at 6 AM this morning and got up. Frank had managed to go to sleep and I was quiet so he could continue to sleep. Night before last he stayed up all night and watched the sun rise. He was very ornery yesterday. He gave Jennifer trouble and when I got home, we were into it all the rest of the afternoon. He was very demanding and when I would talk back or refuse to do what he wanted he would talk ugly and raise his voice. The night culminated in me washing his feet and putting fungus cream on them and then he wanted me to wash them over again and I said, "No." Boy, I was full of the devil and was going to hell, etc. My skin is getting rather thick. It's the disease and not my husband of 46 years talking. I hope there won't be too many days like that.

Today, he's still in a cleaning mood. He's downstairs now going through things we got out of his room so he could have some space to move around in. He's a hoarder at heart. He has some Clorox spray he's cleaning things with. I told him he couldn't spray the pillows or bed with it and I changed the pillow cases. He'll spray anything and everything, to sanitize it. There's plenty of stuff for him to piddle around in but I don't want him to bring any of it upstairs. He's really serious about the things he says even though it makes no sense. He forgets easily and sometimes I can get his attention switched from one thing to another by just mentioning something else. It's a cruel disease.

No comments: