Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tornadoes

When the tornadoes came through, they, it, hit our woods and took about 20 trees out. None were close to the house so the house wasn't touched by the tornado. We were without electricity for 4 days. After one day, a friend brought us a generator and we ran the refrigerator and microwave on it. Finally, the linemen got the electricity on for us Saturday, May 3rd. Wow! What a blessing electricity is and we take if for granted until we don't have it. The big freezer in the basement was okay for it has mostly bird pellets and bread in it. Trudy collected some meat out of it and threw it away. The garbage didn't run the expected day and it sat out next to the road for a week and really grew rank. I left the top of the can for an day and it aired out. It needs washing out but I don't have the energy to do it.

Frank has been sleeping in the daytime and staying up all night. Last night he went out the basement door and locked himself out of the house. I don't know how long he was out. I heard a scratching noise on the window in my room this morning, but, half awake, I figured he was in his room making noise. Not being able to get me up, he walked to the road and flagged down a neighbor and called for an ambulance. The door was locked but the man busted it open to get in to see if I was okay. I woke up to the sound of voices and people in my room. I said I was okay and finally everyone left. The door will shut but won't lock. I have good neighbors. Sandra just called to check on us for someone said that they saw an ambulance at the house this morning. I told her what happened and she said to call they if we needed anything. I'll have to get the door fixed and have locks put on them so he can't get out without my knowing it.

Trudy had a wreck in her car and totaled it. She wasn't hurt except her right foot hurts and she figures it was because it was under the gas pedal. They had full coverage on the car and will get to replace it. It's a miracle she wasn't hurt. The car crossed the median and landed in a ditch on the other side of the road.

No comments: