Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Support Group

Today at 11:00 AM was the Alzheimer's support group meeting. I left at 10:30 AM to make sure I could get there in time and find the place. I knew where the church was but I didn't know how much time it would take to get there. I was about 10 minutes early. I met the facilitator, Linda, and got a seat. There were about 7 people there not including Linda. I and another lady were new. It was a very nice and interesting meeting. I did get a little nervous when the meeting went over the hour time for I had told Frank that I would be back by 12:30 PM and that didn't give me any time to get home when I told him. I will definitely go back next month. Trudy was going to come over for a short visit but she texed and said that they had to do the taxes tonight and would contact me later about when she could come over. Mary Kate called tonight and had a nice long conversation. She is getting the piano tuned and it will cost over $200.00 since it hasn't been tuned in many years. Even Nate was noticing it. He has really come a long way with his piano lessons. If he stays with it, he will be a fine musician. He told MK that the piano was his favorite instrument! Way to go Nate.

I tried to get in touch with Summer-Rae tonight to tell her I couldn't be the choir pianist anymore, but I got a recording. I left a message but haven't hear back from her. Jo-Ann wanted me to play a Primary music piece Sunday for the Primary children and their mothers to sing and I had to tell her that I wasn't going to be coming to Relief Society and Sunday School any more. I feel it's more important to stay home with Frank. I will go to Sacrament meeting at 9:00 AM and gets over at 10:10 AM but I will be going home after that. I usually spent 5 hour at church on Sundays with choir practice after the 3 hour block of meetings. That is too long to spend away from home now. I am getting tired and maybe that's the Lord's way of telling me it's time to come home. I will miss riding to church with Ken and Karen but I can visit during the week.

With extra time on my hands on Sunday, I will be able to study more. I haven't been reading the scriptures like I should in a long time and now I can renew that practice. That's how to get close to the Lord and I really need that now, as always. I look forward to having the TV off and reading spiritual things. I just don't seem to want to do that during the week.

Tomorrow, after exercise, Karen is picking me up and we're going to Decatur to Hancocks to look at fabric and to buy patterns. She's doing the looking, not me. It will be fun to be out of the house and not worry about Frank. It's costing quite a bit of money but it is worth it for me to get out and have some down time. Frankie is coming down Thursday night to go to the VA clinic with us Friday. Maybe the VA will have a program where they could pay for some of the sitter's fee.

No comments: