Wednesday, April 2, 2014

H'ville Again

I saw Dr Alexander again for the results of the bone scans. The tests showed the shaft of the hip replacement is rubbing against the bone and that is what is causing the pain. The only way to fix it is to operate again or hope in time it fixes itself. Dr Alexander didn't want to operate and he wants me to have another test done tomorrow and will see me Friday. That makes 4 times I'll have been to H'ville this week. Just talked to Trudy and we decided that the Dr needs to operate and put the longer hip shaft in. With the shorter shaft in and rubbing on the femur, it seems like it will rub a hole in the bone if it's not fixed. But the bone has plates and screws in it and he would have to undo all of that, replace the hip and shaft and reconnect the plates. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to operate. We'll see Friday. It also seems the right time for an operation since Frank isn't so far gone with the Alzheimer's disease. I'll pray about it all tonight.

Tomorrow, I have to go by Dr Phillips office and pick up the medical records that we asked for today. My test is at 4:40 PM. Trudy will come over at 2 PM and be with Frank. Friday, Mary Kate and kids are coming in at 2 PM and I see Dr Alexander at 12:40 PM. Mary Kate and Trudy and I have to be at the bank together with the power of attorney so we can put Mary Kate on the bank accounts. Whew! I can hardly keep up with all of this. My children keep me from the insanity ward.

No comments: