Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Office Moved

I got up at 6 AM, got ready for I needed to leave to go by the local VA office. I wasn't going to exercise for I needed to be at the VA office at 8:00 AM. The office was closed and the sign said they had moved to H'ville! I went to the senior center at 8:00 and walked with Eula while waiting for the class to start.

Afterwards, I drove to H'ville. I stopped by Shoe Carnival and bought 2 pair of shoes. They had a buy one, get 1/2 off the second pair, so I got a pair of sneakers for $29.99. My other new shoes are a 1/2 size too small. I can still wear them but at the end of the day the toes on my left foot hurt. I got a size 7 in a boy's shoe. They seemed to be wide enough and long enough.

After buying the shoes, I went looking for Church St. where the VA office had moved. Church St. sounded so familiar that I thought I might run across it, and I did. H'ville is AL's 4th largest city, but I knew it had to be around the places I usually went. I found it and maybe where the office is. I didn't stop for it was too late in the morning. In fact, I called home and told Jeniffer to go ahead and clock out at the 4 hour mark and that I would be home shortly.

I stopped to get gas, I had noticed the price had gone up and that all the stations had the same price. It was $3.59, I think. Anyway, gas has been going up lately and it usually doesn't go down after it goes up. Our propane tank is down to 10%. That's what it was when I bought some last fall. It cost $700.00 to fill it up and I don't want to fill it up now. It gets cold downstairs when the stove is off. I turned it on when Trudy was here yesterday and it warmed up, but upstairs the air conditioner was on. Frank likes it set at 76 degrees but I'm cold at that. I turn it up to 77 degrees and hope he won't notice. I had to put on a long sleeved shirt today I was so cold.

Frank had an easier day today. He's still cleaning everything that doesn't move. I even caught him in my room starting to clean off my computer desk. It does need cleaning, but it's organized chaos. I told him to stay out of MY stuff. I would be in charge of cleaning it myself.

No comments: