Monday, March 31, 2014

Test at Crestwood

I had to be at Crestwood hospital at 9 AM today for my bone scan. Trudy met me there. We had to wait about 45 minutes until they were ready for me. I got a shot of nuclear medicine in the vein of my left arm and then had to wait 3 hours until I could get the scans. We went to Shoe Carnival and I got a black pair of boy's 6 1/2 New Balance shoes. I wanted two pair so I could change back and forth and not wear the same pair of shoes all the time. Shoe people know this but I have never been a shoe person. On his way home, Frankie and Mariam had stopped at Chick-fil-a where Sadie works and had lunch. Frankie had been working on the VA stuff for me and had made lots of progress. He couldn't see the VA person in Athens for he had a Dr appointment in H'ville, so Frankie saw or talked to someone on the phone in H'ville. They have to see Dad to get him into the system. The last time they saw him was in 1997. The VA in H'ville didn't have a rhumatologist and Frank had to have one. He got permission to go outside of the VA system to get treatment. Now, we need to be back in the system so we can see if we can qualify for any benefits for disabled vets. He's 100% disabled. We could use some help with the Home Instead sitters. We are paying them ourselves and that's quite a chunk of money but they are so worth it. It gives me free time away from home.

Trudy had to go grocery shopping so she didn't go back to the hospital for me to get the scans. I was through in about 20 minutes. Before I had to be at the hospital, I went to Stein Mart that was near the hospital. Their clothes were costly but I found a cute jacket I can wear at church. It's so cold at church, I'm amassing a stable of jackets and cover-ups. I have three now. The jacket I got today is very colorful. It's got black and white, red and blue, navy and green, in various patterns. I got an aqua and black and white jacket at a consignment store and I have an aqua shirt that will match it. No matter how hot it gets outside, it's still cold at church.

No comments: