Thursday, March 13, 2014

Late Riser

I really slept in today. It's a get away from Dad for if I'm there he talks and sometimes is nonsense. He wanted a new voice recorder and some colored Sharpie's so I went to Staples and got them. I also got him some colored ballpoint pens.

I called about my touch phone. It was chirping and I didn't know what it was. It's when I get a text message or a voice mail. The people are very nice when you call. I guess they figure they are talking to a bunch of old people!

I can't see how I can get another hip replaced when my right leg hurts. Of course, I haven't even been to the Dr to have it x-rayed but I'm pretty sure I've got bone on bone in that hip. I would be down 2-3 months. At 6 months, I went with Mary Kate and the kids to Point Mallard, a water park, and did okay, but I had one good strong leg to help the hurt one. It didn't start hurting until a year after the surgery. The broken femur had a lot to do with it I bet.

Trudy is coming over tomorrow morning and Mary Kate will be here around 1 PM. She's coming alone. I want to go to Khol's Friday for I have a 30% off coupon that I want to use. Mary Kate says she wants a new purse, a larger one. Saturday, the Sleep Number bed comes. They haven't called me to give me a time, so we don't dare go anywhere Saturday. I have a lot of things for Mary Kate to do that I can't or won't do, like vacuum and mop the floors upstairs. She can put a mattress cover and top sheet on the twin bed that's down on the floor of Trudy's room. The new mattress and box springs will be stored in that room until George gets his truck fixed and can come and get the mattress and box springs. Frank will still have a computer bed and the new bed in his room. If he complains of the computer bed mattress, we'll just get a topper for it.

Spring is right around the corner. I see buttercups everywhere (daffodils) and I see some green on some of the trees in the yard. Oh, yeah, I'm ready for Spring. It's been a hard winter.

No comments: