Friday, March 28, 2014

Good Day

I have had a good day. Jennifer came to stay with Frank while I went to exercise. I was happy to get out of the house. After exercise, I got a drink and sat in the parking lot of The Shoe Dept. waiting for it to open at 10 AM. I needed a new pair of shoes. My toes reach the end of my shoes before the shoes wear out. Out of three pair of sneakers, I can only wear one because my toes are crammed up to the end. I tried a boy's shoe this time because they are wider. I tried a 6 1/2. I only paid $32.00 for the pair. They are comfortable so far. They are grey and silver with white laces and bright orange soles. I wasn't too crazy about the colors but I wanted a shoe today and the colors are fine. Comfort over looks.

I went downtown to a consignment store called Garnet. I got 2 broaches, a necklace and a pillow for the couch. They had clothes, too, but I couldn't find anything. There were three jackets I liked but they were too big. It will be a place to take Mary Kate and Trudy. After that, I came home. It was about 11:15 and Jennifer left a little before 11:30 AM. That was the 4 hour minimum we have to pay for. This service, Home Instead, is very good and gives me time away from home 3 days a week.

Frank had PT and OT today. Hopefully he will get stronger from it. He hasn't been as intense in writing notes as he was a couple of days ago. Then he insisted on writing everything down and insisting on me keeping a notebook, which I never did. I have to note everything he does or he's not happy. He still recognizes everyone and most of the time, he's in a sweet person.

Frankie and Mariam are coming here today sometime. Trudy was coming over but never has. Our phones gave a busy signal because one of the phones was off the cradle and the battery was almost gone. We found it and they work fine now. 

No comments: