Monday, March 24, 2014

Sweet Monday

 Today was the first day I had a sitter come from Home Instead. Her name was Lakisha and she stayed from 7:30 AM until 12:30 PM. I went to exercise and then to the various drug stores looking for sock with skids on the bottoms. Athens Pharmacy was the only place that had diabetic socks with little rubber dots on the bottoms to help grip the floor. They were $7.50 a pair and I got 3 pair. Frank likes the yellow socks he got at the hospital best but they need to be washed. After I got the socks, I drove to see Wanda and Mike. I didn't have a chance to call before I went but they were home. Tina and one of her sister's baby were there and Charlie, too. I had some clothes for her but I forgot the glass casserole she brought my birthday cake in. I've had it for months and this is the first time I've felt free to go visiting. It was a nice visit and I left and got home in time to fix Frank's lunch. Trudy will be over tomorrow.

I have an appointment with Dr Alexander to have my left hip replaced, no, to have my left hip x-rayed to see what it looks like. If I don't take Arthrotec, the hip has horrible pain and I'm afraid I have another bone on bone hip situation. I don't see how I can have it replaced with Frank needing all the help he needs and as long as it doesn't hurt, I can get by. Trudy will go with me. Lakisha will be here with Dad until 1:30 PM and he will only be alone an hour or so until we get back.

Things have been peaceful here since I've learned how to deal with Frank. I just agree with him and help him up and down and get things for him. I can never argue or reason with him. I just agree to write things down and to look things up on the computer.

No comments: