Saturday, March 8, 2014

Funeral

I went to Steve Latham's funeral today. Bro Broadhurst spoke and Bishop Black did the announcements. I sat with Pat and Shelley. Shelley said that her dad who is the nursing home across the street from her, has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia.

All morning, while I was waiting for the time to get ready to get dresses, I was bothered with 21 devils telling me I didn't want to go to the funeral. I finally had to say out loud, " I am going to the funeral!" before the feelings left me. It would have been a travesty for me not to have gone.

I had a small list of errands to run but I have stopped taking Arthrotec so I can get a true idea of how much my back aches for when I see the spine Dr. Well, a whole passel of aches and pains have descended upon me. My left hip now hurts and I have small aches and pains all over! I don't know what I would do if I needed another hip replacement. With Frank getting worse, I just couldn't do it. I'd have to have some pain pills and just make a go at it. So, I just stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some medicine and left the other errands for Monday.

I left at 12:15 PM today and left Frank's meal on his chair. It was still there when I got back. He's been in his room all morning making notes of whatever. I gave his a Boost to drink and he took that.  I've got sweet potatoes in the oven cooking. I should cook some goulash so we will have some supper, but I just don't feel like it. We'll have steak burgers, instead. They will thaw by then. 

No comments: